Fabric Box

So when I don’t actively have a costuming project, I’m trying to just… use up fabric and make *stuff.* Soon that will probably result in some misc. etsy things, but for now I’m still just making stuff for friends and for myself.

In an effort to help me organize, I modified this Pockets to Go pattern by Atkinson Designs.

The measurements on the long box were like… 4×8”? Or something like that, and I wanted something like 8×12”. Something that wasn’t a straight up doubling, of course, because that would have been too easy.

Anyway.

Fabrics.

IMG_4680

They are so beautiful.

Completed box!

IMG_4703

It turned out okaaaaay. Not as clean as I would have liked, but I didn’t have patience to machine sew one side of the trim and handsew the other.

IMG_4704

So my fault really.

IMG_4705

I didn’t read the directions correctly when it came to the trim and how to do the corners, so ugliness there is also my fault ;_;

IMG_4706

There’s this weird bagging on the inside of one end and I’m not really sure why, but too lazy to fix it.

IMG_4707

This lovely wisteria fabric is the base and trim. So… on the bottom so you can’t see it, and in tiny strips so you can’t see it. So sad.

IMG_4708

Oh and pockets. It’s bagging a bit on this end too. Not sure whyyyyyy.

IMG_4709

My fabrics are so similar though, it’s not obvious that the middles and ends are different. To me anyway.

IMG_4699

And in use! The base is actually stable, it’s just the thread case I popped it on is smaller.

IMG_4701

Decent pattern! But I think for the hypothetical next one, I’ll just make something up. I’m not super fond of how you have to fold the trim of the corners in, in order to bind the top.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *